Friday 30 May 2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It


If you're anything like then you're an absolute sucker for reading about a product on a blog or watching someone talk about it on YouTube and then having to go out and buy it to try it for yourself. I am so guilty of doing this, so I thought it would be fun to do a post all about the products I have read about and then gone on to buy.

First we will start with Corrie over at dizzybrunette3.com. I have been following Corries YouTube and blog for probably over a year now. I first found her on the Avon Connects forum when she was writing their beauty blog for a short time. There are three products in this blog that I have gone on to buy because of Corrie. First being the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser. I really liked this for a while and actually bought it three or four times when they ran out, but then I started to find that most things with Tea Tree in that I was using at the time were really drying my skin out, so I stopped using it. However, I still keep it in my makeup bags for days when my pores are just out of control!
Next from Corrie's blog I went on to buy the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I wasn't really that wowed by this concealer, but I hardly use concealer anyways so maybe that's why. I think its great for brightening up around your eye area, but not great for covering blemishes as I find it attracts the attention to them. 
Finally from Corrie's blog I went on to buy the Skin Wow Highlighter by Seventeen. My goodness, I love this product! I had been hmming and hahing about buying this product for a while after I had seen her using it, and eventually just bit the bullet and went for it. I'm really glad that I did. For someone like me with dry and dull skin, this is great to use as a primer under your foundation as it really does brighten the skin, and gives you a lovely dewy and healthy complexion. I just really like this product!

Next lets head over to Katie at katiesblondeambition.blogspot.co.uk. I actually know Katie, not personally, but through her boyfriend who I went to school with so it was really nice to see that she was writing a blog, and I really enjoy all of her posts. I saw a post by her a while ago where she had bought this Macadamia Oil Extract Hair Mask, and again I had been hmming and hahing over whether I should try it but for 99p I decided to just go for it. I haven't actually had a chance to use this yet, but I am sure it will be lovely!

Next is a blog that I have only just been following recently, and that is Victoria over at inthefrow.com. Again, I found her blog as she films YouTube tutorials and reviews for Avon. I absolutely adore Victoria's hair! Anyways, she did a post about a product that is similar to the Rescue Oil that I have bought, but I couldn't find it. But this product that I bought is pretty much the same product just a different name. I haven't used this product yet, either, but I really hope it helps with my uneven skin tone because I really dislike it and feel so self conscious without any foundation on because of this.

Okay, I thought I would leave this one till last because the reason I decided to buy the Real Techniques range was because of a wide variety of bloggers and vloggers. So many people were raving on about how good they are, and literally every blog or YouTube channel I went on had them. So I thought, you know what, I'm going to see what the hype is all about! So my wonderful husband treated me to a couple of brushes in the range, and wow! I will never go back to using my fingers to apply makeup again! I love all of these brushes, but especially the buffing brush. It definitely has to be my favourite. It just leaves my foundation looking so flawless, and its so multitasking aswell. I use it to buff my blusher down when its looking too bright, and also for making sure my concealer blends in with my foundation. They're just an all round really good brand, and I'd definitely recommend climbing aboard the hype surrounding these brushes!


So thats it, I tag everyone who reads this to do their own The Blogger Made Me Buy It post :) xx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate and love reading them all!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig