Wednesday 12 March 2014

Extremely Easy and Healthy Homemade Vitamin Water!


So for a while now I have become more aware of the types of foods that I have been putting into my body and how I'm probably not doing myself any favours eating the way that I am. So recently I have been researching different ways of getting all the nutrients into my body without really trying too much, as I do work part time and am a housewife there just isn't enough hours in the day to spend hours cooking extravagant healthy meals and lets face it, who has the bank balance to do so? It just doesn't seem fair to me that all the foods that are good for you are so expensive and all the unhealthy sluggish food is so cheap! To me it makes sense for it to be the other way round so more people would eat right. 

So during my research I came across a beautiful blog called lipstickandberries.wordpress.com and found her edition of vitamin water! They just looked so pretty and tasty that I had to give it a go! I chose to make a cucumber vitamin water. Literally all you do is chop up some cucumber, place in a jar of water and leave to infuse in the fridge overnight! It is that simple. The next morning when you wake up it is so tasty and so refreshing! 

Cucumbers are so healthy for you and leaving them in the water and then drinking, draws out all the health benefits. Not only do cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in one single day,  but they keep the body hydrated while helping to emilinate nasty toxins from the body. Cucumbers are known to have properties in them that help to reduce the risk of several cancer types, such as, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer. So if ever there was a reason to choose cucumber, this is it! 



It is a great idea to drink cucumber vitamin water first thing in the morning as cucumbers are known to aid in weight loss and digestion due to its low calorie and high water content. So basically, you're set for the rest of the day! 

The blog where I found the idea for the vitamin water had the water in cute little jars and luckily I have a bunch of jars in my cupboard from the one time I ever made jam (I'd definitely like to make it again!) so thought it would be nice to copy her idea, and it certainly does make them look unique and different! 

Vitamin water is a great way of revitilising and refreshing in the morning and during the day, and the health benefits come in abundance. They're so quick and easy to make and you can use just about any fruit or veg you have in your fridge. So why wouldn't you want to do your body the favour?! 



I also made a strawberry and basil vitamin water, which was delicious! 

Do you have any tasty vitamin water combinations I could try? 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh this looks yummy. Especially the cucumber drink. I can imagine it would be very refreshing!
    Hey cool post. * follower, love it if you followed me. http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very delicious! Even better that they're so easy to make :) x

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate and love reading them all!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig